- The Postman Who Came Too Late (Genre: Short Story, Fiction ; 2200 words)
- The Life of a Dying Mind (Genre: Philosophy, Poetry, Death ; 662 words)
- Quotations: powerful and concise thoughts of the giants
- My Favorite Poems
Today I patched up a puncture in my bicycle which had been lying in our store for last 6 months. I was waiting for some free time to fix my bicycle and have been using my wife’s bicycle to travel to work and city. Today, I found some time and patched up the puncture. During my high school days in Janakpur, I often visited bicycle mechanics to get my bicycle fixed. It is during these visits that I learned this skill of patching up a punctured bicycle tube (or, a flat tyre). I felt so happy to fix my bicycle on my own. I not only saved money but also some coveted happiness which you get by doing things on your own. After finishing this bicycle maintenance work, I recalled something and went to my bookshelf to search for a book.
We bought a bag of big blocks (similar to LEGO but larger in size and suitable for babies) for Aadhya on her first birthday. Initially, we had to show her how to join those blocks together to build something. She took some time to learn but now is quite skilled at putting these blocks together. Read the rest of this entry »
In the past few days, I have noticed that Aadhya is interested in flipping through her children book pages. In the past, she used to eat the book cover and did not have the dexterity to flip the book pages. Now, she has learned to flip book pages using her index finger. Read the rest of this entry »
Aadhya walked her first steps today at 10:43 AM.
When she was born, we used to support her head when we held her in our arms. A few months later, she could hold her head upright and gaze around without the need for a supporting hand. Then she learned to roll over on her own. Soon she was able to sit upright on her own. As she grew and started eating solids, she learned to crawl and explore the surroundings on her own. Now she has started to learn the art of walking upright — an evolutionary leap that helped to sets us apart from fellow mammals. Babies gain strength in their muscles from top to bottom — first neck, followed by the back and finally the two legs. In the last 11 months, we have watched her go through all these stages of development. The moments when she did something for the first time will always be in our memories. Read the rest of this entry »
I usually return home from work at 5PM. When I ring the door bell, my wife opens the door with Aadhya in her arms. Today, I returned late at around 6PM and I saw a video that my wife had recorded of Aadhya going to the door at around 5PM and wondering why I had not shown up at the door yet. Here is a video that shows Aadhya crawling up to the front door, standing and trying to open the door while babbling “papa”. Read the rest of this entry »
Aadhya is almost 11 months old and she does not like the confinements of her crib. She loves to roam around the house, open cup boards, and play with everything else except her toys. We let her roam around the house when either of us follow her to make sure that she does not hurt herself while exploring the house. However, when I have to do some work, I put her in her crib along with all her toys. Aadhya does not like to be in a crib and a recent event showed that she has been thinking hard on ways to break free from this crib. Read the rest of this entry »
- May. 16, 2015 : “Heartfelt gratitude to all those who supported in this relief distribution.” [Field report video]
- May. 03, 2015 : “I just checked my account. I have received the amount that you sent on 30th Apr. We will be going to Dukuchap, Lalitpur today with food. Tarpaulin, temporary shelter, is highly required and is in high shortage.”
- Apr. 30, 2015 : “We have reached abukhairani.. will be heading towards baluwa, Gorkha tomorrow early in the morning… I have already brought relief material of almost 1.5L NRS … We hipe to support 200 houses with it. …. 75% of that amount is for shelter. And the rest is food and medication/sanitation …”
- Apr. 29, 2015 : “We are desperately looking for support from abroad. Currently I am using from my personal account, I am spending here on the basis of promised fund from abroad. But I am running out on this …”